Here are some answers to Frequently Asked Questions, thanks to brides.com.
Let me know if you have any other questions, using my Contact Me page!
• How would you describe your wedding-photography style? I most enjoy capturing candid, genuine moments in a photo-journalistic way, focusing on emotion and images that tell a story. For more About Me, click here!
• What type of equipment do you use? I am a Canon product shooter. Canon is the best! =)
• Do you shoot in color and black and white? I shoot black and white on occasions where it benefits the story I am telling in my photos, however most of the time I use color as part of my storytelling.
• Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like? You certainly may send me a list of requested photos you would like. I will have that list in mind and do my best to fulfill those requests, however if there are limiting circumstances out of my control, some of the shots may not be possible.
• How long have you been shooting weddings? I’ve been shooting weddings professionally (and loving it) since 2010. In addition to weddings, I shoot portraiture.
• Have you ever worked with my videographer? Florist? DJ? Coordinator, etc.? There is a good chance that I have worked with your other vendors before! Our industry is relatively small and we are a closely-knit family.
• May I have a list of references? Absolutely! I’m on Yelp here, where clients are steadily adding their reviews of my service. Feel free to check them out!
The Wedding Date:
• Is my wedding date available? As soon as your planning starts, make sure your date is available with my team. We don’t want to miss out on working with you, just because you inquired too late!
• Are you the photographer who will shoot my wedding? If not, can I meet the photographer before my wedding? In most cases, yes, I will be photographing your wedding, along with a trusted and professional 2nd photographer if arranged. If I do send a capable associate primary photographer in my place, I will be sure to communicate with you and make sure he/she will be a good match. You absolutely may meet the associate photographer!
• How many other weddings will you photograph that weekend? We try not to book more than one wedding in one weekend, however if the other inquiring couple is also a great match for my team, I will accept their wedding day as well. Don’t worry about your day! I am experienced with shooting multiple weddings in one weekend, and I know what to do so that it doesn’t affect our performance on your day.
• Will you have any assistants with you on that day? Yes, it is possible that we may have an assistant or two helping us on your day, depending on if I determine the need is there.
• How will you (and your assistants) be dressed? Our standard uniform for men: slacks, dress shirt, and tie. Our standard uniform for women: solid pattern/dark color dress or blouse with slacks. And a smile!
Photography Packages and Payment:
• If my wedding site is out of your area, do you charge a travel fee and what does that cover? Any actual travel costs will be invoiced if your event is outside of Los Angeles County.
• What packages do you offer? Click here for information about my packages and services.
• Can I customize a package based on my needs? Yes, of course! I am happy to discuss selecting appropriate services to fit your needs.
• Do you include engagement photos in your packages? Yes, I typically offer engagement/couples photos as a part of my service. It is a fun way to get to know you before the hustle-and-bustle of wedding day craziness!
• Do you offer a photo booth? In order to keep my focus on you, my client, I do not offer photobooth service at the same time I am recording your wedding memories. However, I’m happy to refer amazing photobooth vendors that I’ve worked well with in the past!
• Do you provide retouching, color adjustment, or other corrective services? Yes, I process and color-adjust all of the photos I present to you. You may also add my retouching services to photos that are more high-profile prints and wall art.
• How long after the wedding will I get the proofs? Will they be viewable online? On a CD? A thumb drive? Most of the time, I complete proofs and will send a private online album to you within 2-3 weeks of your event. If your package includes it, I deliver finished (retouched) digital photos to you on a USB thumb drive.
• Will you be posting about our wedding on your social media sites (blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)? Yes, you can expect me to post a teaser photo on social media soon after I send them to you!
• Will you be submitting our wedding photos to magazines or blogs? It is possible that I may be submitting photos that I shoot of your wedding to wedding magazines or websites to be published, if your style matches their vibe.
• What is the ordering process for prints and albums? If your package includes prints or albums, I’ll design and produce the print products for you. If you’d like to order print products a-la-carte, the online album link will enable you to order prints from your selected photos from me.
• How long after I order my photos/album will I receive them? Usual turnaround time for printed products is one month.
• Will you give me the negatives and/or the digital images, and is there a fee for that? Will the digital images be high-resolution? Yes, for my services, digital files are included in ALL packages. I want you to be able to enjoy and share your photos as well!
• When will I receive a written contract? You will receive a written contract at time of booking, or beforehand.
• How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan? I require a $500 retainer to hold your wedding date, due at time of booking. I am flexible with payment plans as long as payment is made in full before the day of the event. I’ll be happy to discuss payment plans with you.
• Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you (or my scheduled photographer) are unable to shoot my wedding for some reason? Yes, I have backup equipment in order to be prepared just in case! As mentioned previously, I do have a backup plan to cover your wedding. With my services, you won’t have to EVER worry about this!
• Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos? I encourage my clients to have an “unplugged” wedding, where all guests can leave their cameras in the car and simply enjoy the day you’ve worked so hard for. However, yes it is ok if the occasional guest wants to take photos that I set up. I only ask that they do not get in our way, and that I get my photo first. It is my job. I have no problem respectfully communicating with a guest myself.
• What time will you arrive at the site and for how long will you shoot? I typically arrive at least one hour before schedule, in order to account for unexpected traffic, prep our gear, walk the grounds, and go over the game plan with my other photographers.
• If my event lasts longer than expected, will you stay? Is there an additional charge? If your event lasts longer than we have arranged and you would like me to continue capturing your memories, overtime can be arranged.
• How far in advance do I need to book you? I’m already booking weddings for next year, so it is IMPERATIVE that we chat about your day as soon as possible.
• What information do you need from me before the wedding day? I like to have input on planning the timeline in order to do my job well, and I request that the final timeline be sent at least one week before the event.